Thursday, February 16, 2023

Make Them Care!!

I’ve always loved telling stories through writing and in class last week we watched a TedTalk about storytelling with Andrew Stanton, the founder of Pixar, the best person to learn storytelling from I think. It really opened my eyes on how to do it effectively and in a way that would actually appeal to an audience. This was really helpful in understanding how i’m going to present the opening of my movie. 

The most impactful tip I learned was the “Theory of 2+2”. It basically says that instead of giving your audience “4” right away give them “2+2”. Make them work for it, make them care about your story and your characters and their purpose. 

The goal and reading for existing pretty much is obviously something that gets developed throughout the whole story so it’s hard for just the movie introduction but it’s still relevant. I think this would be the point in the story where everything starts getting established and I want to be able to do that in a cool and interesting way. 

This TedTalk highlighted the importance of making your audience care! That’s what this intro is about!! I need to create a story that seems intriguing enough that people want to continue watching just by the first 2 minutes.  

I’ve been thinking about this TedTalk since I saw it because story telling has always been so fun to me and for this project, it is definitely vital. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Creative Critical Reflection

Here is my CCR The Making of "Mine" Opening Fan Mail! Officially done!